Twilight Aged Care is treating the COVID-19 pandemic with the highest importance to ensure the ongoing health and safety of our residents and staff.
We are routinely reviewing and responding to the NSW Health guidelines and updates and our Outbreak Management Team meets regularly to evaluate and update our policies and procedures based on this information.
VISITOR RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVES
- For current information on visitor restrictions, please visit the NSW Health website or contact our homes on the numbers listed below.
- If you wish to connect with your loved one through a virtual or ‘Window of Love’ visit, please contact our concierge staff on:
- Glades Bay Gardens Twilight 02 9817 0722
- Glengarry Twilight 02 9969 0907
- Horton House Twilight 02 886 2100
- Hunters Hill Twilight 02 9816 1239
- All Twilight staff are fitted with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and have completed training in:
- Infection control prevention
- Transmission-based precautions
- Outbreak management and COVID-19
- Altura learning – infection control: the basic principles and infection control outbreak management
- Department of Health online COVID-19 modules
- Hand hygiene and PPE videos from the World Health Organisation and the Clinical Excellence Commission
- Staff competencies undertaken in the homes assess underpinning knowledge and practices around:
- Hand hygiene
- Hand sanitisation
- PPE use (donning and doffing)
- Twilight homes have also been provided with infection control observational audits that monitor staff practices and knowledge. Twilight supports infection control measures through:
- Hand hygiene and hand hygiene guide/posters throughout our homes
- PPE guides/posters available
- Recommendation that hand hygiene and donning and doffing of PPE be discussed at clinical hand over daily
- Toolbox talks have been conducted in Twilight homes around the following topics:
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Outbreak management plan
- Infection prevention – waste, cleaning, laundry and chemical handling
- Ecolab (our chemical supplier) continues to provide training with individual teams, covering inflection control prevention, outbreak management and chemical use in the following areas:
- Additional education has also been offered by TAFE NSW and NSW Health.
- During the pandemic, we have increased our in-home activities across our homes to ensure our residents remain socially engaged. We provide an extensive program of activities, including creative activities like cognitive art therapy, virtual exercises classes, and virtual group activities with online volunteers.
- To see more of our current activities, visit Twilight’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.