In 2016 Twilight Aged Care introduced the inaugural John Laurie Employee of the Year Award as a means of recognising and celebrating outstanding staff who enact the values of Respect, Compassion, Integrity and Commitment in all they do.
The following staff members were nominated by their peers:
• Patricia Hardwick – Administration Assistant (Horton House)
• Tracy Matchett – PCA Supervisor (Glengarry)
• Faye Williams – PCA (Jamieson House)
• Richard Newman – Administration Assistant (Glades Bay Gardens)
• Ramina Shiekhali – Cook (Glades Bay Gardens)
• Smita Dhakal – PCA (Glades Bay Gardens)
• Yvette Fonseca – Cook (Jamieson House)
All nominated staff were honoured at an afternoon tea, held at Glengarry on 21 November 2016.
Both Faye Williams and Ramina Shiekhali were named joint recipients of the John Laurie Employee of the Year for 2016.